Hey there people and happy Sunday to you! I hope you are having a lovely day, wherever in the world you may be. It is dark and kind of dreary here in the UK, and most of the country is on tenterhooks whenever it starts to rain in case the flooding starts to effect them. We have been very lucky here so far - the fire brigade have been pumping water out of the gardens of several homes just along the main street through the village, but there is nothing to worry about around our own home, thank goodness.
So, what else can a person possibly do to while away the time on a day like this other than a spot of baking? Hence these yummy Lemon Cupcakes were made and consumed.
Here's the how-to:
Ingredients (Makes 12):
110g unsalted butter
225g caster sugar
2 large eggs
150g self-raising flour, sifted
125g plain flour, sifted
90ml semi skimmed milk
3tbsp lemon juice
1. Preheat the oven to 160 degrees C/gas mark 4 and line a muffin tin with cupcake cases
2. Cream the butter and sugar together until smooth and pale, then mix in the eggs one by one.
3.Combine the two flours in a seperate bowl, and also combine the milk and lemon juice in a jug.
4. Pour in 1/3 of the flours and mix in. Then add in 1/3 of the milk and lemon and mix in. Continue 1/3 at at time, until all is combined.If the mixture starts to curdle just add in a tbsp of plain flour and mix well.
5. Carefully spoon the mixture into the cases ready to be baked. Then cook in your preheated oven for about 25 mins, until slightly raised and golden brown. To check they are cooked insert a skewer in the middle. If it comes out clean they are ready.
6. Turn these out and leave to cool completely.
110g unsalted butter
2 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
500g icing sugar, sifted
1. In a large bowl beat the butter, lemon juice and half the icing sugar until smooth.
2. Gradually add the rest of the icing sugar until all is combined and smooth.
3. If you're not ready to ice then put your icing into the fridge until you are.
1. Take your cupcakes and smear liberally with the frosting using a spatula. The more the merrier!
2. Add your preferred sprinkles/flowers/sparkles.....
Have a great Sunday people!!
ps. Don't forget to come back and link up tomorrow for my weekly inspirational link up: Monday Mantras. You can link up anything - inspirational products, blog posts or other sites. Come along, link up and lets help spread some inspiration around shall we? You can see more info and grab yourself a button here.